For MAF-WORLD COST Action 20102, it is a pleasure to announce the partnership in the Cold-Water Coral Taxonomy training school/workshop organised by iAtlantic that will be held in Brazil at the Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC) in Florianópolis, on 15-17 October 2022.
A small number of travel bursaries are available from the MAF WORLD COST Action to support participation in this training event, including scientists outside the iAtlantic project. If you are interested in applying for this funding support, please first check that you fit the eligibility criteria below and then follow the steps to apply.
- Applicants must be formally affiliated to or registered at a European institution.
- Applicants must be a member of the MAF COST Action to apply for funding. Membership is free and easy – apply here to join one of the MAF working groups. You must do this before you can apply for travel support.
Applying for MAF-WORLD travel support
- Applications for travel support should include a CV and a short statement (<200 words) of why you want to participate in the workshop and how you will benefit from the training.
- Please email your application to Vikki Gunn (email@example.com) with a cc to Sergio Rossi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The deadline for applications is 18:00 GMT on 31 August 2022. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The workshop organisers will evaluate applications; successful applicants will be notified by 9 September 2022.
- Successful applicants will then be able to apply for reimbursement of their workshop travel costs, subject to the conditions below. No advancepaymentswill be made.
What is covered by the funding support, and what are the rules?
- Travel bursaries of up to EUR 2000 are available for successful applicants:
- This bursary can cover economy class airfare to and from the workshop, up to a value of EUR 1500, plus
- A daily allowance of EUR 222 per day covers hotel accommodation, local transport and meals.
- The total amount available is capped at EUR 2000 per applicant.
- Costs are reimbursed retrospectively after the workshop has taken place via the e-COST portal. You must retain proof of payment for your flight ticket as well as your boarding passes.
- You must submit your request for reimbursement via the online e-COST platform as soon as possible after the workshop, and no later than 31 October 2022
- You can expect reimbursement within a few weeks of submitting your claim, subject to providing all the necessary documentation.
- Recipients of travel bursaries through this scheme must ensure they sign the daily attendance register provided at the workshop.
Please contact the iAtlantic Project Office: i-Atlantic@ed.ac.uk